We are just two weeks away from the start of 2020/2021 NBA season. The #NBA has announced the schedule for the first 38 games to be played out of the shortened 72 game season.
Some things I’ve noticed different about this schedule is we have several back to back games with teams. We will play several teams twice in a row, either both games at home or away. Normally the back to back games would be against different teams.
We will play Indiana Pacers on December 27th and 29th, both in Indiana.
We will play Detroit Pistons January 1st and 3rd, both in Detroit.
We will play Orlando Magic January 13th and 15th, both in Boston.
We will play Philadelphia 76ers January 20th and 22nd, both in Philadelphia.
We will play Atlanta February 16th and 17th, both in Boston.
The #Celtics will have two road trips in the first half of the season.
Their first road trip isn’t as bad as the second imo. In the first road trip they will travel to Detroit, Toronto and Miami. They will play in Detroit January 1st and 3rd, followed by Toronto on the 4th and Miami on the 6th. This is not a long distance road trip and only travel to three cities for four games.
The next road trip is the good old west coast road trip. These games, for most, stink because they start mostly at 10pm here east coast time. Four of these five games do start at 10pm. I know my diehards will be up with me watching though. The Celtics travel to Golden State first, on February 2nd, followed by Sacramento Kings on the 3rd, Los Angelos Clippers on the 5th, Phoenix Suns on the 7th and the Utah Jazz on the 9th. This will be an important road trip.
NATIONAL TELEVISED GAMES
The Celtics are no strangers to being one of the top teams to play on national televison each year, and this year is no exception. The Celtics only have five teams that have more televised games nationally than them, once again coming in with some of the most games. Only the LA Lakers, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets, LA Clippers and Philadelphia 76ers have more national games. Boston is tied with Milwaukee Bucks with 34 Games.
LA Lakers – 43
GS Warriors – 42
Houston Rockets – 38
LA Clippers – 38
Philadelphia 76ers – 36
Boston Celtics – 34
Milwaukee Bucks – 34
Portland Trailblazers – 31
New Orleans Pelicans – 30
On the opposite side of things, some teams still struggle to find national televised games. I hope Gordon can adjust to playing in three nationalized televised games this year. Charlotte Hornets and Cleveland Cavaliers land with the least amount of games, with three. Here’s some of the lowest games on national TV this year:
Charlotte Hornets – 3
Cleveland Cavaliers – 3
Chicago Bulls – 4
Memphis Grizzlies – 4
Washington Wizards – 4
Detroit – 6
Minnesota Timberwolves – 6
NY Knicks – 6
Orlando Magic – 6
The Celtics will also host the LA Lakers on January 30th in the return of Exclusive NBA Saturday Prime time on ABC
Then exclusive ABC Sunday Showcase series is back on February 21st with the Boston Celtics at the New Orleans Pelicans .
SOME SNEE PREDICTIONS FOR RECORD AND STANDINGS
OK, so I am gonna have some fun and throw out my predicted standings. I love doing this and everyone telling me how wrong I was. haha. I am currently doing this based on rosters and everyone staying healthy.
- Brooklyn Nets ( don’t kill me)
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Boston Celtics
- Miami Heat
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Atlanta Hawks
- Indiana Pacers
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Charlotte Hornets
- NY Knicks
- Chicago Bulls
- Detroit Pistons
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- LA Lakers
- Denver Nuggets
- LA Clippers
- Dallas Mavericks
- Houston Rockets
- Utah Jazz
- Golden State
- Phoenix Suns
- New Orleans Pelicans
- Memphis Grizzlies
- Portland Trailblazers
- Sacramento Kings
- OKC Thunder
- Minnesota Timberwolves
- San Antonio Spurs
What do you think? What are your predictions for standings, please let me know.
Ok, so I’ve given you my standing predictions, some insight on road trips and nationalized TV games and some interesting back to back games. I’m Excited for the season to begin. As you know, the NBA returns December 22nd but the Boston Celtics start their season on the 23rd at home against the Milwaukee Bucks at 7:30pm. The Celtics are also one of ten teams to play Christmas day. Here is the Christmas day lineup:
New Orleans Pelicans @ Miami Heat – 12pm
Golden State Warriors @ Milwaukee Bucks- 2:30pm
Brooklyn Nets @ Boston Celtics – 5pm
Dallas Mavericks @ LA Lakers – 8pm
LA Clippers @ Denver Nuggets – 10:30pm
All I have left to do is post the Boston Celtics First half schedule down below for everyone. They play twenty home games and sixteen on the road – oh, and my prediction for their record after these 38 games.
26 – 12
BOSTON CELTICS SCHEDULE
- December 23rd vs Milwaukee Bucks – 7:30pm
- December 25th vs Brooklyn Nets – 5pm
- December 27th @ Indiana Pacers – 8pm
- December 29th @ Indiana Pacers – 7pm
- December 30th vs Memphis Grizzlies – 7:30pm
- January 1st @ Detroit Pistons – 7pm
- January 3rd @ Detroit Pistons – 7pm
- January 4th @ Toronto Raptors – 7:30pm
- January 6th @ Miami Heat – 7:30pm
- January 8th vs Washinton Wizards – 7:30pm
- January 10th vs Miami Heat – 7:30pm
- January 12th @ Chicago Bulls – 8pm
- January 13th vs Orlando Magic – 7:30
- January 15th vs Orlando Magic – 7:30pm
- January 17th vs New York Knicks – 1pm
- January 20th @ Philadelphia 76ers – 7pm
- January 22nd @ Philadelphia 76ers – 7:30pm
- January 24th vs Cleveland Cavaliers – 7pm
- January 25th @ Chicago Bulls – 8pm
- January 27th vs San Antonio Spurs – 8:30pm
- January 30th vs LA Lakers – 8:30pm
- February 2nd @ Golden State Warriors – 10pm
- February 3rd @ Sacramento Kings – 10pm
- February 5th @ LA Clippers – 10pm
- February 7th @ Phoenix Suns – 2pm
- February 9th @ Utah Jazz – 10pm
- February 12th vs Toronto Raptors – 7:30pm
- February 14th vs Detroit Pistons – 6pm
- February 16th vs Denver Nuggets – 7pm
- February 17th vs Atlanta Hawks – 7:30
- February 19th vs Atlanta Hawks – 7:30pm
- February 21st @ New Orleans Pelicans – 3;30pm
- February 23rd @ Dallas Mavericks – 7:30pm
- February 24th @ Atlanta Hawks 7:30pm
- February 26th vs Indiana Pacers – 7:30pm
- February 28th vs Washington Wizards – 7pm
- March 2nd vs LA Clippers – 7:30pm
- March 4th vs Toronto – 7pm
So there you have it, two more weeks guys, it’s almost here.
Lead Celtics writer
you can find me at Jessica Snee on facebook, @Jessicasnee on twitter
also check out the podcast the shooting Jays with myself and Steven Thompson on twitter at @shootingjays